Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wedding Photography

The two approaches to Wedding photography today are traditional or photojournalistic.

Traditional wedding photography has a great deal of interaction and direction from the photographer. Traditional wedding photographs are very controlled, with the subject posed.

A photojournalist apporach to wedding photography has little photographer interaction. They take the photographs using an alternative approach often capturing spontanous emotion and movement.

A third style that is becoming more popular is a fashion-based approach. In contemporary/fashion-based wedding photography, photojournalist will combine images of the events of the day with posed images that are inspired by editorial fashion photography as would be found in magazines like Vogue or Vanity Fair. This style often involves more innovative and dramatic post-processing of images.

Vogue Fashion Wedding shoot

Kim Kardashian's Wedding featured in Vogue


Wedding Photography in Devon:

David Pullum is a wedding photographer who works in the area of Devon. For almost a decade he has travelled throughout the UK documenting weddings which his uniqye style and fresh perspective.

'My photography has earned me a nomination as one of Professional Photographer’s -Top 10 -wedding photographers in the UK'

Some of his work:




David Pullum's photographs are very unique and unlike traditional wedding photographs. Each couple will have their own idea of what photographs they want from their big day, even if they choose the traditional or contemporary style they know that choosing him will give them unique photographs which no one else has. This is one of the reasons for him being so popular.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I almost forgot about the photographer. I must find a good photographer because I am getting married by the end of this year in one of the finest NYC wedding venues and even I want a prewedding photoshoot with my fiancé and my bridesmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    Kilkenny Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. Mirror Booth Hire

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Wedding photographer Dorset

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a final tip, ask if the person taking your headshot has professional experience in computer graphics / digital image editing. If they have extensive experience with some of the Adobe Creative Suite area of products such as Adobe Photoshop, then this may be the best person to take your headshot. professional headshots brisbane

    ReplyDelete