Saturday 12 May 2012

Gillian Wearing-Portrait Photography

Gillian Wearing is one of Britain’s most influential artists. Her portraits that interested me were from her collection 'Album.' In this series she photographed herself disguised as members of her family.

Portrait photography is used by contemporary artists to explore issues of identity-national, perosnal or sexual the portrait has moved away from its commercial roots to come a powerful encounter or exchange between artist, sitter and spectator.[Art Photography Now- Susan Bright]
Gillian Wearing as her 'Mother'

Gillian Wearing as her 'Sister'

Gillian Wearing as her 'Father'

Gillian Wearing as her 'Grandmother'

My Portrait Photography:

Here are two portraits I have taken this year of my Dad. Since starting the college course in September I have learnt so much about different lighting techniques. I have found the technical workshops really helpful because you can take notes and talk through the process and then after put it into practise. These photographs below used a Rembrandt lighting set up.





No comments:

Post a Comment