Monday 16 April 2012

Visiting Devonport Park


Visiting Devonport

Although I have lived in Plymouth my whole life I had never really visited the area of Devonport. I decided to go to Devonport Park as I found a lot of information about it whilst researching Devonport online. The main stories about the park were that ‘The friends of Devonport Park’ were trying to raise enough money to build a new bandstand. The Friends of Devonport Park are a voluntary community group which has an elected committee, representative of the area surrounding Devonport Park, who alongside members of other community organisations and the Plymouth City Council (PCC), are working together with the ultimate goal of achieving the restoration of Devonport Park.[1] A Victorian style Bandstand once stood in the park however was sadly demolished during the 1950’s. They have raised enough money to start the build and whilst I was walking around the park I took a few images.  


No comments:

Post a Comment