Tuesday 24 April 2012

My first visit to Pembroke Street

My first visit to Pembroke Street was on Tuesday 3rd April. I met with Christine Watts and Kate to discuss what the brief was about in more detail and how I was going to approach it. I mentioned to them both that I wanted to take portraits of people within the area, and Christine mentioned taking photographs of the workers because alot of the workers lived in Pembroke Street itself. She also showed me some photographs of the area before it has began any regeneration work and this made me think of doing before and after photographs. I wanted to place the old image within the photograph somewhere and have the new area in the background, creating a photo within a photo. This is helpful in showing the contrast between the old and new. Kate then took me to the Guildhall and showed me around there, Guildhall is suitated in Kerr Street just off Pembroke Street. The Guildhall was a huge building with many different things going on. The building its self had been there since the war and it was one of three buildings in Devonport which hadnt been completely distroyed by the bombings.

No comments:

Post a Comment